Veritau acts as the Data Protection Officer for a number of councils, maintained schools, academy schools and multi academy trusts. The service is designed to help our clients to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 and it fulfils the responsibility placed on these organisations to appoint a Data Protection Officer.
The service will be tailored to our client’s needs but it may include some or all of the following elements:
- The provision of advice and guidance on data protection / information governance matters
- The review of all mandatory data protection impact assessments (one of the specific requirements of the DPO role) and information sharing agreements
- Regular refresher training sessions for staff and / or the provision of e-learning courses
- Regular newsletters, alerts and / or information to raise awareness of data protection responsibilities
- Access to a dedicated website for guidance and information
- The provision of standard templates (policies, privacy notices, information asset registers etc)
- Correspondence and liaison with the ICO (to act as the first point of contact for the ICO and any third parties in relation to data protection enquiries)
- Support to respond to subject access and Freedom of Information Act requests
- Support to prepare or update Information Asset Registers
- A programme of ongoing audits to assess compliance with the client’s policies on data protection
- The preparation of an annual report to the client’s senior management team, audit committee or governing body on data protection matters
- The maintenance of a data breach register
- Support to clients to investigate and respond to serious data breaches
- Attendance at meetings of any corporate working groups established by the client to monitor conformance with data protection responsibilities
- Representation at meetings of regional networks
Veritau's information governance team was nominated for 'Team of the Year' in the IRMS Awards 2019.
For Schools DPO enquiries, please email email@example.com
Veritau's preferred method of conducting business is through North Yorkshire Education Services. Alternatively, we can arrange to invoice your organisation. Should you wish to purchase the Schools DPO support contract, please follow this link to register.