We are a Disability Confident employer
18 December 2023
We’re passionate about demonstrating our commitment to an inclusive recruitment process and working environment, which is why we have recently joined the Disability Confident Scheme. In becoming a Disability Confident Employer, we have joined a network of over 20,000 organisations who like us, are helping to change attitudes, behaviour, and cultures for the better.
The Disability Confident scheme is a government initiative that was launched to support employers with making the most of talents that disabled people can bring to the workplace.
As a Disability Confident employer, we have committed to:
- ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Max Thomas, Chief Executive at Veritau said:
“We’re committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels welcome, which includes providing equal opportunities to applicants and employees with disabilities.
We’re pleased to have joined the network of employers who have signed up to the Disability Confident Scheme, and feel it only demonstrates further our commitment to being an inclusive organisation.”
To find out more about working for Veritau, please click here.
Veritau is a local government owned company providing assurance services to over 600 public sector clients. This includes:
- Internal audit
- Counter fraud
- Information governance (including a DPO service)
- Risk management
- Whistleblowing support
To find out more about our company, click here.